Goody Clancy seeks an integrated, collaborative, and design leadership-oriented Architect to join our growing Science and Technology practice. As a Boston-based education design firm, we partner with institutions to create world-class environments that foster cross-disciplinary connections, enable exciting and meaningful research, and attract world class students and faculty. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience and demonstrated interest in science and technology projects, as well as a creative and collaborative mindset that enables them to tackle the complex challenges inherent to these types of spaces. This is a career advancement opportunity for a professional who would enjoy an outward facing role while also working closely with colleagues internally.
From seasoned principal to newest hire, every member of our team contributes to a community steeped in mentorship and mutual respect—and as a 100% employee-owned organization, each of us shares in our collective success. We are passionate, intelligent, down-to-earth people who believe in what we do, who bring energy and curiosity to every facet of our work, and who never stop working toward a more inclusive, equitable workplace. Risk-taking is encouraged here, and there are opportunities everywhere for employees to develop professionally and do work they love.
- Collaborate with project principals and design leaders to develop and deliver design visions
- Assume responsibility for project and team management tasks
- Coordinate with client and consultant representatives
- Develop design ideas and details for Science and Technology projects, with particular focus on client engagement and internal coordination involving building, laboratory, and equipment planning principles
- Assemble resource data such as building benchmarks, construction costs, and code compliance
- Contribute to project pursuit as a representative of the firm and represent the firm at externally through professional presentations and business development
- Attend client meetings and visit project sites as needed
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Professional degree in architecture (architectural registration preferred)
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent design, organization, and communications skills
- Ability to make independent design decisions from a sound base of knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with Science and Technology projects and the technical and design aspects specific to this project type
- Participation in a 100% employee-owned firm through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Firm sponsored training, licensure, and conference attendance reimbursement
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Medical (70% employer-paid); life and disability insurance; available dental, optical, cafeteria plan, 401(k)
- Hybrid workplace: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays work together in our office in Back Bay, and the remaining 2 days, have the option to work wherever you choose!
POSITION REPORTS TO: Principal
Submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position for which you are applying. Attach a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio pages (attachments not to exceed 10MB); please don’t link to file-sharing websites. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered.
Goody Clancy is an Affirmative-Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Information on the firm and its projects is available at www.goodyclancy.com
About the firm: Goody Clancy is an education design firm. We create transformative environments that foster discovery, community, innovation, and opportunity. Our firm brings together the talents of architects, preservationists, planners, and experts across numerous aspects of a campus ecosystem. These varied perspectives enrich the work we do and fuel a culture of learning and growth. Together, we are committed to doing what’s right for people and planet. This commitment touches every facet of our practice, from our leadership in sustainable design to our first-in-Boston JUST certification. Goody Clancy is honored to partner with clients and individuals who share our passion and vision for a positive future.