Goody Clancy seeks a laboratory-focused Architect to join our growing Science and Technology practice. As a Boston-based education design firm, we partner with institutions to create world-class environments that foster cross-disciplinary connections, enable exciting and meaningful research, and attract world class students and faculty. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience and demonstrated interest in science and technology projects, as well as a creative and collaborative mindset that enables them to tackle the complex challenges inherent to these types of spaces.
From seasoned principal to newest hire, every member of our team contributes to a community steeped in mentorship and mutual respect—and as a 100% employee-owned organization, each of us shares in our collective success. We are passionate, intelligent, down-to-earth people who believe in what we do, who bring energy and curiosity to every facet of our work, and who never stop working toward a more inclusive, equitable workplace. Risk-taking is encouraged here, and there are opportunities everywhere for employees to develop professionally and do work they love.
- Collaborate with project principals and design leaders to develop and deliver design visions
- Assume responsibility for project and team management tasks
- Coordinate with client and consultant representatives
- Perform on-site building assessments and document existing conditions
- Develop design ideas and details for Science and Technology projects, with particular focus on lab planning principles, lab equipment planning, and technical requirements for lab details and coordination
- Assemble resource data such as building benchmarks, construction costs, and code compliance
- Attend client meetings and visit project sites as needed
- Contribute to project pursuit and represent the firm at external engagements
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Professional degree in architecture (architectural registration preferred)
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent design, organization, and communications skills
- Ability to make independent design decisions from a sound base of knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with Science and Technology projects and the technical and design aspects specific to this project type
- Participation in a 100% employee-owned firm through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Firm sponsored training, licensure, and conference attendance reimbursement
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Medical (70% employer-paid); life and disability insurance; available dental, optical, cafeteria plan, 401(k)
- Hybrid workplace: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays we work together in from our office in Boston's Back Bay; the remaining 2 days you have the option to work from wherever you choose!
POSITION REPORTS TO: Science and Technology Practice Leader
Submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position for which you are applying. Include a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio pages (attachments not to exceed 10MB)
Goody Clancy is an Affirmative-Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.