Goody Clancy seeks a Project Manager/Project Architect to join our team. As a Boston-based education design firm, we partner with institutions on a variety of new-construction, renewal, and preservation projects to create environments where people are inspired to research, connect, strive, and wonder. Project Managers/Project Architects actively engage in all project phases and are given many opportunities for growth and continued learning. The best candidate for this position will have experience and/or a demonstrated interest in education projects, and a familiarity in historic preservation/building renovations is a plus. We are looking for creative, collaborative, and motivated professionals who are driven by a belief in the power of design to advance discovery, community, and opportunity.
From seasoned principal to newest hire, every member of our team contributes to a community steeped in mentorship and mutual respect—and as a 100% employee-owned organization, each of us shares in our collective success. We are passionate, intelligent, down-to-earth people who believe in what we do, who bring energy and curiosity to every facet of our work, and who never stop working toward a more inclusive, equitable workplace. Risk-taking is encouraged here, and there are opportunities everywhere for employees to develop professionally and do work they love.
- Collaborate with principals and design leaders to develop and deliver design visions
- Assume some responsibility for project and team management tasks
- Coordinate with client and consultant representatives
- Perform on-site building assessments and document existing conditions
- Develop design content and details for project documentation at all phases
- Assemble resource data such as building benchmarks, construction cost, and code compliance
- Travel to project sites and attend client meetings
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Professional degree in architecture or preservation (architectural registration preferred)
- Collaborative and flexible approach to team assignments
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent design, coordination, and communication skills
- Ability to make independent design decisions from a sound base of knowledge
Compensation / Benefits
- Participation in a 100% employee-owned firm through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Firm sponsored training, licensure, and conference attendance reimbursement
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Medical (70% employer-paid); life and disability insurance; available dental, optical, cafeteria plan, 401(k)
- Hybrid workplace: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays we work together from our office in Boston's Back Bay; the remaining two days you have the option to work from wherever you choose!
Position Reports to: Principals
Submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position for which you are applying. Include a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio pages (attachments not to exceed 10MB).
Goody Clancy is an Affirmative-Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.