Goody Clancy seeks a Level 2/Level 3 Designer to join our team. Designers work in collaborative, close-knit project teams, typically ranging in size from two to eight members, led by a principal and/or project manager. They gain exposure to, and actively participate in, all project phases, starting from initial programming and continuing through construction completion. As a developing professional, Level 2/Level 3 Designers are expected to be active learners capable of working independently with some direction and support. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience and/or interest in education projects, as well as experience and/or interest working with existing buildings.
From seasoned principal to newest hire, every member of our team contributes to a community steeped in mentorship and mutual respect—and as a 100% employee-owned organization, each of us shares in our collective success. We are passionate, intelligent, down-to-earth people who believe in what we do, who bring energy and curiosity to every facet of our work, and who never stop working toward a more inclusive, equitable workplace. Risk-taking is encouraged here, and there are opportunities everywhere for employees to develop professionally and do work they love.
- Contribute to the development of design concepts and materials to explore and illustrate project ideas
- Assist in the coordination and execution of design details, working with the internal team, consultants and other project stakeholders
- Prepare design documents for formal submissions or review
- Prepare architectural presentation graphics
- Survey, analyze, and document existing building conditions, including code requirements and sustainable design criteria
- Manage project digital files and data collection
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Professional degree in architecture or preservation
- 2 to 7 years relevant professional experience
- Experience with Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, rendering and other 3D modeling applications
- Excellent design, organization, and communication skills
- Ability to manage tasks independently with support and guidance from others
Compensation / Benefits:
- Hourly or salaried compensation commensurate with experience
- Participation in a 100% employee-owned firm through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Professional development support: licensure and professional accreditation exam reimbursement
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Medical (70% employer-paid); life and disability insurance; available dental, optical, cafeteria plan, 401(k)
- Hybrid workplace: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays we work together from our office in Boston's Back Bay; the remaining 2 days you have the option to work from wherever you choose!
Position Reports to: Project Managers and Principals
Submit by e-mail to email@example.com. Indicate the position for which you are applying. Attach a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio pages (attachments not to exceed 10MB); please don’t link to file-sharing websites. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered.
Goody Clancy is an Affirmative-Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.