The Architectural Designer will work primarily in project teams of two to eight, led by a principal and/or project manager, in all project phases from programming through construction. The designer is a developing professional capable of working independently and is expected to be an active learner and engaged in the community outside the office. Experience/interest in higher education and historic or existing buildings is a plus. Qualified applicants may be asked to submit letter of interest, resume and portfolio.
- Contribute to the development of design concepts and materials to explore and illustrate project ideas
- Assist in the coordination and execution of design details, working with the internal team, consultants and other project stakeholders
- Prepare design documents for formal submissions or review
- Prepare architectural presentation graphics
- Survey, analyze, and document existing building conditions, including code requirements and sustainable design criteria
- Manage project digital files and data collection
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Professional degree in architecture or preservation
- 2 to 7 years relevant professional experience
- Experience with Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, rendering and other 3D modeling applications
- Excellent design, organization, and communication skills
- Ability to manage tasks independently with support and guidance from others
Compensation / Benefits:
- Hourly or salaried compensation commensurate with experience
- Participation in a 100% employee-owned firm through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Professional development support: licensure and professional accreditation exam reimbursement
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Medical (70% employer-paid); life and disability insurance; available dental, optical, cafeteria plan, 401(k)
- Hybrid workplace: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays work together in our office in Back Bay, and the remaining 2 days, have the option to work wherever you choose.
Position Reports to: Project Managers and Principals
Submit by e-mail to email@example.com. Indicate the position for which you are applying. Attach a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio pages (attachments not to exceed 10MB); please don’t link to file-sharing websites. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered.
Goody Clancy is an Affirmative-Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Information on the firm and its projects is available at www.goodyclancy.com
About the firm: Goody Clancy is an education design firm. We create transformative environments that foster discovery, community, innovation, and opportunity. Our firm brings together the talents of architects, preservationists, planners, and experts across numerous aspects of a campus ecosystem. These varied perspectives enrich the work we do and fuel a culture of learning and growth. Together, we are committed to doing what’s right for people and planet. This commitment touches every facet of our practice, from our leadership in sustainable design to our first-in-Boston JUST certification. Goody Clancy is honored to partner with clients and individuals who share our passion and vision for a positive future.