Position: Project Accountant
Type of Employment: Full time
Experience level: 5 to 9 years
Location: Boston, MA
OVERVIEW: We are seeking an experienced generalist accountant. The ideal candidate should be capable of juggling multiple responsibilities in a dynamic 60 employee firm. Among other financial duties, this person will become the project accountant for a portfolio of design projects and will work directly with the CFO helping to enhance the infrastructure for this small but growing company.
- Provide hands-on assistance and advice to Project Managers on day-to-day accounting matters.
- Prepare and mail client bills.
- Review subcontractor invoices and schedule payment.
- Process journal entries and vouchers: accruals, prepaid expenses, revenue, cash receipts, etc.
- Assist with accounts payable, forecasting, working capital management, and collections (low volume, but generally high dollar receipts).
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare a variety of standard weekly and monthly reports.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis as needed.
- Coordinate either the outsourced payroll or the electronic timesheet collection process.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Accounting degree, or at a minimum a Business degree.
- 5 to 9 years of experience working in a professional services company.
- Strong Excel and MS Office skills.
- Knowledge of project accounting software is required.
- Experience with Deltek Vision software is desirable.
- Architecture/Engineering industry experience is desirable.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communications skills.
- Capable of working collaboratively as well as independently.
- Salaried position; level and type of compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave
- Professional development support; firm sponsored training and conference attendance
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurance, cafeteria plan, 401(k), ESOP
- 2022 workplace plan: three days in office, two days work where you choose
POSITION REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
Submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position for which you are applying. Attach a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio pages (attachments not to exceed 10MB); please don’t link to file-sharing websites. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered. Goody Clancy is an Affirmative-Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Information on the firm and its projects is available at www.goodyclancy.com
About the firm: Based in Boston and working nationally, Goody Clancy is an interdisciplinary firm of architects, preservationists, planners and urban designers. The diverse work of the firm has been honored for both its design excellence and its social responsibility with more than one hundred design awards, including six national AIA Honor awards and the 2013 APA National Excellence Award for a Planning Firm. Goody Clancy was the first employer in the city of Boston to earn the JUST label from the International Living Future Institute, and our profile is at https://just.living-future.org/s/organizations/20-organizations/goody-clancy
Goody, Clancy & Associates, Inc.
420 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116