Position: Marketing Manager
Type of Employment: Full time
Experience Level: 5+ years
Location: Boston, MA
We are seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented Marketing Manager who loves to write and edit, is a critical thinker, and wants to join a team of smart, creative, progressive people. This is a crucial role within our firm: command central for myriad marketing, communications, and business development efforts. It is envisioned that the successful candidate will have one-to-two direct reports. The Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Marketing.
The Marketing Manager will lead Goody Clancy’s efforts around creating compelling proposal submissions, in collaboration with principals/associate principals and the other members of the Marketing and Business Development team. The Marketing Manager will also contribute to other efforts including collateral development, award submissions, internal communication, social media, etc.
- Lead coordination, development, and production of qualification packages and proposals, often with multiple converging deadlines. The pursuit cycle includes a kick-off meeting, task assignment, writing and editing/proofing (in collaboration with marketing director and principals/associate principals), and graphics production, and requires proactive work with all parties involved
- Lead quality control review on qualification and proposal packages
- Maintain/update project information including narratives, data, references, team, etc.
- Maintain/update pursuit information including deadlines, proposed team, outcome, etc.
- Contribute to design and production of interview materials, including agenda, presentations, handouts, boards, etc.
- Own Goody Clancy website updates (content and imagery)
- Oversee social media efforts
- Other duties related to marketing and business development as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of work experience
- Superior organizational and personal communications abilities
- Excellent writing, editing, and graphic layout skills
- Ability to work effectively with senior firm leaders with varied work styles and strengths
- Ability to work efficiently, both independently and collaboratively
- Enjoys fast-paced environment; ability to shift and prioritize as needed to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to keep cool in the face of deadlines and truly terrible puns
- Computer: Microsoft Office applications; PowerPoint; Adobe CS (especially InDesign) and other design applications required; Mac and Windows operating systems
- Understanding of/interest in design and planning desirable; previous experience working in the A/E industry is an asset
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
- Salaried position; level and type of compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave
- Professional development support; firm sponsored training and conference attendance
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurance, cafeteria plan, 401(k), ESOP
- 2022 workplace plan: three days in office, two days work where you choose
DESIRED BACKGROUND MATERIALS:
- Writing and editing samples (proposal materials preferred)
- Layout examples
Submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position for which you are applying. Attach a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio pages (attachments not to exceed 10MB); please don’t link to file-sharing websites. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered. Goody Clancy is an Affirmative-Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Information on the firm and its projects is available at www.goodyclancy.com
About the firm: Based in Boston and working nationally, Goody Clancy is an interdisciplinary firm of architects, preservationists, planners and urban designers. The diverse work of the firm has been honored for both its design excellence and its social responsibility with more than one hundred design awards, including six national AIA Honor awards and the 2013 APA National Excellence Award for a Planning Firm. Goody Clancy was the first employer in the city of Boston to earn the JUST label from the International Living Future Institute, and our profile is at https://just.living-future.org/s/organizations/20-organizations/goody-clancy
Goody, Clancy & Associates, Inc.
420 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116