OVERVIEW: Goody Clancy seeks a staff architect (or preservation professional) for its design projects for higher-education and government clients. The best candidate for this position will have experience with and demonstrated interest in projects of this type; historic preservation and/or existing building assessment is a plus. She or he will be creative, friendly, motivated and collaborative, actively engaged in ongoing professional learning, and involved in the community outside the office.
- Makes independent design decisions from a sound base of knowledge
- Collaborates with project principal and project manager
- Assumes some responsibility for project and team management tasks
- Coordinates with client and consultant representatives
- Performs on-site building assessment and documentation
- Develops design content and detail for project documentation at all phases
- Assembles resource data on building area and volume, construction cost, code compliance
- Travels to project sites and client meetings
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Professional architecture (or preservation) degree, and registration (or progress towards it)
- Relevant prior professional experience
- Collaborative and flexible approach to team assignments
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellence in design, organization and communications
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
- Salaried position; level and type of compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave
- Professional development support
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurance, cafeteria plan, 401(k)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Principals in Architecture/Preservation
Submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position for which you are applying. Include a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio pages, if available (attachments not to exceed 5MB; for larger portfolio files please send web link). Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered.
Goody Clancy is an Affirmative-Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Information on the firm and its projects is available at www.goodyclancy.com