Employer Name: Goody Clancy
Position: Project Manager/Project Architect
Type of Employment: Full time
Experience Level: 5 to 9+ years
Location: Boston, MA
Goody Clancy seeks a Project Manager / Project Architect to join our Boston-based practice working with higher-education clients on a variety of new-construction, renovation/addition, and preservation projects. Our practice areas – Science & Technology, Student Life, Business and Professional Schools, and Regenerative Renewal – offer a range of experiences and many opportunities for growth. The best candidate for this position will have experience with and demonstrated interest in projects for education; interest in historic preservation and/or existing building assessment is a plus. We are looking for creative, friendly, motivated and collaborative professionals who are actively engaged in ongoing learning and involved in the community outside the office.
- Collaborates with project principal and design leader to develop and deliver the design vision
- Assumes some responsibility for project and team management tasks
- Coordinates with client and consultant representatives
- Performs on-site building assessment and documentation
- Develops design content and detail for project documentation at all phases
- Assembles resource data on building area and volume, construction cost, code compliance
- Travels to project sites and client meetings
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Professional architecture (or preservation) degree, and architectural registration preferred
- Collaborative and flexible approach to team assignments
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellence in design, organization, and communications
- Ability to make independent design decisions from a sound base of knowledge
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
- 100% Employee-owned firm through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Firm sponsored training, licensure and conference attendance reimbursement
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Medical (70% employer-paid); life and disability insurance; available dental, optical, cafeteria plan, 401(k)
- Hybrid workplace: three days in office, two days work where you choose.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Principals
Submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position for which you are applying. Include a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio pages (attachments not to exceed 10MB).
Goody Clancy is an Affirmative-Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Information on the firm and its projects is available at www.goodyclancy.com
About the firm: Goody Clancy is an education design firm. We create transformative environments that foster discovery, community, innovation, and opportunity. Our firm brings together the talents of architects, preservationists, planners, and experts across numerous aspects of a campus ecosystem. These varied perspectives enrich the work we do and fuel a culture of learning and growth. Together, we are committed to doing what’s right for people and planet. This commitment touches every facet of our practice, from our leadership in sustainable design to our first-in-Boston JUST certification. Goody Clancy is honored to partner with clients and individuals who share our passion and vision for a positive future.
Goody, Clancy & Associates, Inc.
420 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116