Employer Name: Goody Clancy
Position: Architectural Designer (Level 1 or 2)
Type of Employment: Full time
Experience Level: 1 to 4 years
Location: Boston, MA
The Architectural Designer will work primarily in project teams of two to eight, led by a principal or project manager, in all project phases from programming through construction. The designer is a developing professional and is expected to be an active learner and engaged in the community outside the office. Experience/interest in historic or existing buildings is a plus. Qualified applicants may be asked to submit letter of interest, resume and portfolio. Candidates for co-op employment for a fixed term in 2022 or for summer employment will also be considered.
- Prepare design documents in various media and applications
- Manage project digital files and information
- Prepare presentations for active projects and for marketing or internal research
- Conduct building documentation and analysis for existing-conditions survey, code, or sustainability
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Professional degree in architecture or preservation
- Relevant prior professional experience
- Experience with Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, rendering and modeling applications
- Excellence in design, organization, and communications
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
- Hourly or salaried compensation; type and level of compensation commensurate with experience
- 100% Employee-owned firm through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Professional development support; licensure and professional accreditation exam reimbursement
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Medical (70% employer-paid); life and disability insurance; available dental, optical, cafeteria plan, 401(k)
- Hybrid workplace: three days in office, two days work where you choose.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Project Managers and Principals
Submit by e-mail to email@example.com. Indicate the position for which you are applying. Attach a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio pages (attachments not to exceed 10MB); please don’t link to file-sharing websites. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered.
Goody Clancy is an Affirmative-Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Information on the firm and its projects is available at www.goodyclancy.com
About the firm: Goody Clancy is an education design firm. We create transformative environments that foster discovery, community, innovation, and opportunity. Our firm brings together the talents of architects, preservationists, planners, and experts across numerous aspects of a campus ecosystem. These varied perspectives enrich the work we do and fuel a culture of learning and growth. Together, we are committed to doing what’s right for people and planet. This commitment touches every facet of our practice, from our leadership in sustainable design to our first-in-Boston JUST certification. Goody Clancy is honored to partner with clients and individuals who share our passion and vision for a positive future.
Goody, Clancy & Associates, Inc.
420 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116