We are seeking an experienced generalist accountant. The ideal candidate should be capable of juggling multiple responsibilities in a dynamic 65 employee firm. Among other financial duties, this person will become the project accountant for a portfolio of design projects and will work directly with the CFO helping to enhance the infrastructure for this small but growing company.
- Provide hands-on assistance and advice to Project Managers on day-to-day accounting matters.
- Prepare and mail client bills.
- Review subcontractor invoices and schedule payment.
- Process journal entries and vouchers: accruals, prepaid expenses, revenue, cash receipts, etc.
- Assist with accounts payable, forecasting, working capital management, and collections (low volume, but generally high dollar receipts).
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare a variety of standard weekly and monthly reports.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis as needed.
- Coordinate either the outsourced payroll or the electronic timesheet collection process.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Accounting degree, or at a minimum a Business degree.
- 5 to 9 years of experience working in a professional services company.
- Strong Excel and MS Office skills.
- Knowledge of project accounting software is required.
- Experience with Deltek Vision software is desirable.
- Architecture/Engineering industry experience is desirable.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communications skills.
- Capable of working collaboratively as well as independently.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
- Salaried position; level and type of compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave
- Professional development support
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurance, cafeteria plan, 401(k)
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Chief Financial Officer
Submit by e-mail to email@example.com. Indicate the position for which you are applying. Include a cover letter and resume. Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered.
Goody Clancy is an Affirmative-Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Information on the firm and its projects is available at www.goodyclancy.com.